AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP! Dickey John GPS system (Fla veggie farmer WIFE)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 11/15/2006 00:22 (#61726)
Subject: HELP! Dickey John GPS system (Fla veggie farmer WIFE)

Southeast Florida
In attempting to program the CCS100, George asked me to read over the operator's manual, we discovered it wasn't possible to PROGRAM without a tape measure, calculator and a cell phone with internet access. THE DAMN THING STILL DIDN'T WORK! If this console is suppose to monitor and adjust application levels according to the entered variables then why are we entering variables that this console should be informing us of after the application.

1. How do you position the decimal?

2. Density of product being applied is important in the application how?

3. Why are we telling the spreader how much volume to release shouldn't it be able to figure this out from the application rate?

4. If this system is so simple then why do i feel i need a Masters in Mathematics and a Bachelors in terminology and to program it?

5. Shouldn't the Flush Flow Rate be given to you after the application by the system?

6. Again shouldn't the Bar Graph Maximum Flow rate be given to you after the application by the system?

7. The System Response Constant should be done by the system and not programed in?

8. Ground Speed is in fact the main operation we purchased this system to perform yet it is requiring us to program it in?

Why not just build a Ground Drive System for $200.00 (save $3000.00, 2 days labor, and no support) and be done with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)