AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP! Dickey John GPS system (Fla veggie farmer WIFE)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 11/15/2006 11:10 (#61851 - in reply to #61818)
Subject: Re: HELP! Dickey John GPS system (Fla veggie farmer WIFE)

Southeast Florida
OK, I ordered this system to keep from having to fool with the gate setting. We apply basically the same type of fertilizer every time. I want to apply an 18-0-29 @ 2000 per acre on a 5' spread pattern or be able to change the rate by increasing or decreasing the floor chain speed and that's all I want it to do. The DJ system that I've got didn't come with any type of flow meter. Wheel slipage on the tractor is a lot so chain speed change is important to accuracy and I'm using the only tractor we've got that'll lift the machine. There's 8712' in a 5' spread. We paid $1,800 plus change for the DJ system they said that my floor chain axle turned to slow so I built a 24 to 1 increaser shaft for the axle sensor to work off of. It cost $1k to build here in Hawaii due to everybody here feels they've got you over a barrel it should have cost about $250 but when stainless steel is the only thing I could find and at the time I bought the parts to build it, had I opted to wait 24 hours I could have gotten them flown in next day air for 40% including freight from Fl.
http://www.kenncomfg.com/bp480.htm This is the basic machine that I'm pulling and with the addition of the 6 bladed 24" bedders and it's all the 4440 can do to lift or pull it. I've got 16 nose weights and the front tires watered, it still gets light in the front. You can't see from this view but it's what's called a hot band applicator putting the material right in the top of the raised bed under the plastic mulch with drip tape and fumigant.
As far as dealer goes, the computer gives me dealers in Illinois and Ohio when I punch in 96707 for the zip code and that's only 5K+ miles away. The weather should be getting about right to interest those guys to come to Hawaii though.

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 11/15/2006 11:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)