AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1 last chair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowa-beef
Posted 5/5/2024 20:10 (#10729976)
Subject: 1 last chair

We buried my sister yesterday. She had been sick for some time so we had time to plan her funeral. She didn't live close to home but her final wishes were to have a funeral in the church our family has been members of for almost a hundred years, the church she was confirmed in, the church both of my parents funerals were held.

I'm a deacon at said church. We had a luncheon after the burial in the church basement. I had asked the other council members if it was OK that I cleaned up the basement tonight, by myself.

So I'm down here looking at the last chair that needs to be put away. Can't quite get myself to do it.

I'm the youngest tag along child of a tag along. Therefore I've always been the youngest in the family of this generation. No aunts or uncles left anymore and Most of the cousins are gone or moved long away and lost track of. Feel like the last of the Mohicans today.

Once I put this chair away and lock up the church I close a chapter I'm just not ready to give up. No more duties to any of my own family member other than the ones I've made (my wife, kids, and inlaws.)

I'm not looking for sympathy just felt I needed to write this. It may have gotten a little long winded but I told myself when finished I will put this chair away.

Edited by Iowa-beef 5/5/2024 21:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)