AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1 last chair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BLKCOW
Posted 5/6/2024 06:44 (#10730389 - in reply to #10730199)
Subject: RE: 1 last chair

Very similar story here. My parents and only brother gone. Growing up my father often farmed with my mom's three brothers, about drove him crazy at times. They are all gone though I have one cousin who still owns a small farm. Every holiday was a large family gathering, always had July 4th here with fireworks.

Some of this is the disapperance of family farm's and ranches. Both sides of my parents families were very large. Me and my cousin are the only one's left involved in ag, though I have a cousin who grew up in Denver and married into a ranch family in NE. One solace is knowing that my kids have more opportunities in life than I had and it is because of the hard work of my parents and the work of my late wife and myself. Found out yesterday that my daughter's boy friend is planning on asking her to get married this weekend at the spot her mother and I got married in 1993. Her sister and I are hatching a plot to get her here without her knowing. We tend to think of life in a linear fashion, beginnings and endings thus some of the sadness. It is not linear, it is a circle that never really ends.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)