AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started planting grass this week. (few pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 9/27/2006 23:49 (#47241)
Subject: Started planting grass this week. (few pics)

Our regular custom planter guy decided he was'nt going to plant any fescue this year on his place, so it would be an extra charge and a real pain to set up for it. So, i figured I'd wire and tape together something of my own and see what happens. Usually we plant the grass with a charcoal band over the seed row, and then come in and double spray the field with Karmex at half rate mixed in the tank. By double spraying, I mean run the center of the sprayer down the foam mark which gives you half the boom applying over the previous sprayed stuff, and half over new ground. This way if you have any overlap, it will only be 1.5 times the target rate instead of double the target rate, which the carbon wont neutralize that much. It will neutralize 1.5 times the rate though.

Well, I decided to try to spray full rate at once at the same time as i'm planting. I know its been done before, and have heard mixed feelings about it, but I'm into this more efficient fuel use stuff nowdays.:-)

848 is the setup heading out. The pull tank has the charcoal, and the sprayer has the herbicide and some insecticide.

845 is some old nozzle mounts I made 16-17 years ago and have'nt used them since. I put some new no-drip, quick cap adaptors on them.

850 is the karmex broadcast boom. I robbed it off another sprayer we have and hose clamped it to the drill.

851 getting going. Everything seems to be working great. We'll see when,.......er, I mean IF the grass comes up, what the result will be as far as the herbicide for skips and overlaps.

(IM000848.JPG)

(IM000845.JPG)

(IM000850.JPG)

(IM000851.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM000848.JPG (46KB - 480 downloads)
Attachments IM000845.JPG (75KB - 491 downloads)
Attachments IM000850.JPG (64KB - 551 downloads)
Attachments IM000851.JPG (53KB - 513 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)