AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Social Security
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 6/8/2023 20:37 (#10262262 - in reply to #10262160)
Subject: RE: Social Security

I had several people tell me not to sign up on line. So what did I do, signed up online. Everything went smooth. The lady from Social Security that latter called me back to finalize everything was very pleasant.,When we were done she said she saw where my wife was signed up for Socisl Security (62) and would soon need to sign up for Medicare, said she could sign up wife up now. Wife got on the phone & the lady took care of everything. I was expecting an old battle ax, wife signed up for Soc Sec in the local office & they were really rude..

I waited to take Soc Sec the Jan after I reached FRA ( Aug). My cpa advised me to wait because I had income in the months prior to my reaching FLA., If I had taken it as soon in Aug I would have had to pay it all back., By waiting until Jan to start taking Soc Sec I was considered not have any income that month, even thoughmI had received income from crops sold in Jan, therefore I wasn't penalized. Might be something you want to check into before hand.,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)