AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many smoke
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 9/29/2023 23:13 (#10421988 - in reply to #10389578)
Subject: RE: How many smoke

My uncle that raised me had a cigar, King Edward's, in his mouth most of the time he was awake. Didn't so much smoke them, usually lite it, took a few drags on it & let it go out, then chewed the rest so I was use to cigar smoke. Dad smoked cigarettes but I wasn't around him that much. When I was in high schoolI was on of those "cool guys" that smoked. I worked for a neighbor on a corn shelling crew & learned to chew tobacco so you'd spit to keep the dust out of your mouth. Was the only time I chewed. When I got married married my wife didn't like the smell of cigarette smoke so I switched to smoking a pipe occasionally., she like the smell of Captain Black tobacco. When our son was 3 we were sitting at the kitchen table , I laid my pipe on the table & our son picked it up & started smoking it. My wife looked at me with "that look" & I took the pipe & tobacco & threw them away. That was 45 years ago, I've never smoked since & as far as I know, neither has my son.

When I was ~ 35 I was having some breathing issues so had chest x-rays taken. Dr came back in the room after reading the x-rays & told me I needed to quit smoking. I told him that was hard to do. He said I just needed to put my mind to it. Wife explained to him I didn't smoke. He said "well he must ge a farmer because you lungs were full of gray matter. When I affirmed that J was he asked if I had tractors with air conditioner cabs. When I told him no he said I need to purchase one. I asked him with he would write a prescription for one but he told me no
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)