AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Celiacs Disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 1/20/2024 08:25 (#10583658 - in reply to #10579099)
Subject: RE: Celiacs Disease

It is a challenge starting out for sure. I will say its easier cheaper, healthier from my own personal experience to eat mostly whole foods instead of trying to do something like make a gluten free bread or gluten free imitations.

For example eating meat cheese rice, butter beans fruits vegetables etc is much easier than going to the gluten free section and looking for gluten free bread or gathering all the ingredients to make it.

Its very easy and simple once I made that mindset change where as at first trying to imitate everything I ate before with a gluten free version felt impossible.
Now maybe you just want to make her a treat once a week I'm not trying to discourage.

For gluten free substitutes though

There is a gluten free brand of pasta called banza its affordable taste's good and probably better for you than regular pasta. Put some red sauce and or cheese with it and its pretty easy to cook similar to regular pasta.

Also please tread with caution if anyone tells you to put a child on a carnivore or keto diet, this may be good for adults especially if they have blood sugar issues but a child is growing and needs the extra energy from carbohydrates.

Edited by turbo diesal 1/20/2024 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)