AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8524 white planter incommand 1200?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 2/9/2024 08:09 (#10615493 - in reply to #10614972)
Subject: RE: 8524 white planter incommand 1200?

Jeffersonville, OH
ShopTeacher - 2/8/2024 20:39

Pretty easy to do the full Ag Leader treatment. You will retain the factory seed sensor harness. Generally speaking you will need:

Display and power cable for tractor, mounts, GPS cable if desired.
Implement cable and tractor implement cable.
Seed Tube Monitor Module with Dickey John adapter cable.
Hydraulic Seed Rate Control module with White adapter cable(s). 
Pressure sensors as desired. 

Point row/section clutches can be automated as well if you want to. OEM row clutches can be controlled too.

Feel free to call text or email if you have more in-depth questions. Contact info in profile. I’ve done multiple White to Ag Leader swaps.

The planters are technically ISOBUS and should run on any ISO monitor, including the 1200. That being said I have one that we tried running ISOBUS and everything worked other than the seed tube monitor. It was one of those let’s try this and see if it works deals, and it didn’t so the customer just went back to running his AGCO display 

Have you done an ISOBUS White Planter to Ag Leader swap? Because generally speaking, it doesn't sound like you know how a White planter is setup from the factory...

You can not retain the planter seed sensor harness, it uses a Daisy chain bridge monitor arrangement, and you have to change the whole harness...You CAN NOT use the DJ adapter cable, there is no way to plug it in...

If you tried to make a White planter run on a 1200 through ISO and couldn't get seed monitoring, then something is wrong. I can do it in about a half hour and everything works fine. Now, you don't get ADVANCED Seed tube monitoring like you do with Ag Leader controls...just the same type of monitoring you have now.

If you have shaft drive with factory clutches, then you need the clutch module and harness for that as well....Ag Leader makes a harness just for that, I have a used one here off a 24 row, though I don't remember if it's 20" or 30" row.

So, if you want to convert your planter to Ag Leader Advanced Seed monitoring, you will need:
Ag Leader STMM Module, and harness
A NEW seed sensor harness, depending on whether or not you need one with Clutch control wiring or not.
Clutch Module if needed, with harnessed
Hydraulic Drive Module, with harness
Then assorted cab and implement harnesses to connect everything.

Now, if you just want to run it off ISO from the 1200, then plug it in, and build the configuration. If your tractor has ISO, then in most cases you can piggy back the 1200 harness into the factory ISO plug with a y-harness, and pull power from the tractor for the planter, and just run the data through the 1200. If your tractor doesn't have ISO, then you have a few other options. You can get Ag Leader's ISO kit, and install it to power everything, or I bet I can get the 1200 wired into your factory GTA Harness to continue using that harness for power and just run the ISO data through the 1200. It's just ISO wiring.

I will also say, if the planter has factory clutches, that adds a little complexity to the ISO situation, because the Dickey John switch module HAS to be in the system, and it can be tricky to keep if we run the 1200 through a factory ISO wiring system....not hard, I've done it a few different ways, but just something to be aware of.

I have done many 8000 and 9000 White/AGCO/MF planters through Ag Leader 800 and 1200 displays, both ISObus controlled, and Ag Leader controls, and even a mixture of both.

To date, we've done 3-8523's, all ISO planter from the factory, 4-8222/9222, and 8816, 9812, a 9524, 2-8831's and 3-9831's
Chris

Edited by c_mayer 2/9/2024 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)