AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8524 white planter incommand 1200?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 2/10/2024 07:29 (#10616803 - in reply to #10614955)
Subject: RE: 8524 white planter incommand 1200?

Jeffersonville, OH
smallchev - 2/8/2024 20:29

Have been running GTA 2 but that is starting to act up. Looking to use the 1200 from the combine. Hydraulic drive, would like to variable rate. What do I all need on the planter end? Is the existing harness utilized at all? Thanks.

So, just to clarify for you...you can use everything on the planter as is. Depending on the tractor, and how it's configured would dictate how much Ag Leader harness you would need.

Or, you can rip everything off the planter as far as harness, and buy Ag Leader components to replace them...with that you would gain their advanced seed monitoring functionality, which for planting corn give you precise information on skips and doubles, allowing you to better tune in your White Pressure meters to try and maximize your yield potential, which also means you'll likely pull your hair out trying to get it perfect...which in all reality the planter is doing exactly what it has been doing for you for years, now you just know exactly what that percentage is.

If it's a bean planter, and you are planting over about 120K seeds/ac, then that functionality doesn't work.

I have customers running them as ISO units through Ag Leader displays, and I have customers with full Ag Leader harnessing and controls. All depends on your end goals. Most with full Ag Leader controls have row clutches, and when doing that they went ahead and reconfigured the entire planter for Ag Leader harness.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)