AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8524 white planter incommand 1200?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ShopTeacher
Posted 2/9/2024 20:41 (#10616486 - in reply to #10615493)
Subject: RE: 8524 white planter incommand 1200?

NW MN

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify my statement about swaps, I have setup (swapped) several 8000 series White planters to run on Ag Leader. Swapped them from what they had when I came across them to Ag Leader. I don't know how they come from the factory, I'm not a White planter dealer, I get them as they are, where they are. I have had them come to me in a variety of conditions. I do not have the knowledge of how they come from the factory that you do. All the planters I've done to this point had seed tube cabling that I could reuse. Some had AGCO part numbers on them, some I had no reason to check for who's tag was on the cable. I have not claimed to have or done a total White ISOBUS to Ag Leader swap.The knowledge you are sharing will be beneficial when I come across that situation.  Written communication can be tough, generalizations must made to avoid writing a dissertation for every reply, and the flexibility and adaptability of verbal communication is lost.

Curious to if you would share a bit of know how on getting the ISO seed tube monitoring working on a 1200 with VT. The one time I tried was on a late model New Holland with the Intelliview 1200 monitor. The farm is steering the tractor with and Ag Leader InCommand 1200 and SteerCommand Z2. I volunteered to setup the system to run the planter on the InCommand 1200 through VT. Since the planter should be ISO it should have worked fine. Trying to help them reduce cab clutter. I installed an IBBC hijack kit to get the implement controls isolated on the Ag Leader monitor and not to have conflict with the Intelliview. They have an 8000 series 24R22 planter with just seed tube monitoring and hydraulic drives. Testing in the yard before season everything appeared to be working as usual. Speed was registering. In the field the planter would plant, I was told everything was working but the seed tube monitor. Seeing that this was a freebie "let's try this install", the customer was fine running their DJ/AGCO monitor and harness so they put that in and went on their way. The opportunity has not come up yet to further investigate and I am very curious to what was missed to get the seed tube monitor to work. What may I have missed? Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)