AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ferappease in feeder calves?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Freelancer
Posted 2/17/2024 19:57 (#10627929 - in reply to #10627832)
Subject: RE: Ferappease in feeder calves?

Northwest Indiana
The way I understand it, it goes to the vomeronasal gland in the nose. When they say assimilated, its unclear if that comes from it entering the nose from breathing or absorption from the muzzle into the gland in the nose.

From their website:
FerAppease is topically applied, and the active ingredient (MBAS) is assimilated by the vomeronasal gland located in the nose of the animals. The MBAS stimulation of the vomeronasal gland desensitizes regions of the amygdala and the hypothalamus, dramatically decreasing threat perception and its downstream stress consequences.

As far as results, I agree background noise can be a problem in any study, university or otherwise. Trust me, I wanted it to work, and got pretty disappointed seeing the results. That being said, I get skeptical quickly when people or organizations claim 20-30x ROI. They seem to have a large advertising budget and I hope its not a product that is in the same vein as a Pivot Bio on the crop side of things as far as way over promised and delivering little results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)