AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

take care of your fences guys..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/23/2024 19:40 (#10637248 - in reply to #10637222)
Subject: RE: take care of your fences guys..

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I can free their rage in trespass cattle. Been there, done that. I've had some cows end up in my herd quite a few times. Nobody could hold thme out of their herds in the valley. I was trailing my herd past them, they bailed over a good 5 wire barb fence with two cowboys watching that spot. I reached my boiling point. Our range rider couldn't hold them. So I took them and painted florescent orange street marking paint all over. Hauled them 5 miles back to their own pasture. Them buggers were back into another herd the next morning. Those guys took them home and drylotted them.

Painted up the owners finally came and got them. Was given the word we never wanted to see them again. I do know my mentors in the valley long time ago banded a bull of real questionable heritage with barbwire cut off a fence. Owner got the message. Rule was purebred bulls, Black Angus or Hereford only. This thing was a dairy breed.

There's a reason for fence laws, cows will get out but person needs to try in good faith to maintain them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)