AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

take care of your fences guys..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/24/2024 06:40 (#10637599 - in reply to #10637488)
Subject: RE: take care of your fences guys..

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Vbar we used to Bob tails at preg check time. Had to smile actually about my old time vet that passed away 3 years ago. He had a damn sharp tail bob knife. A buddy and I was just talking reminiscing about him a few days ago.

Reason we like bleach is because at preg check time on public lands cows come out of chute. Cows run 4 different places or cut outs. Three of those places cows can still mix if a fence gets broke or gate open. So by bleaching a certain preg mark, then say a mark for a feild she's supposed to go. We know at a glance she's preg. belongs in say east pasture or the west pasture.

We use it just for a management tool, for 30 days. Cows will mix, or hunters leave gates open, etc. It's a real easy tool to keep numbers straight without having to count or keep notes. Yes we do keep written notes at preg check as to which feild cows are in. But just having the ability to glance a horseback at a cow and know where she goes helps a bunch.

I'll take some pics today of cows still packing bleach marks so you can see how long they last. Throw those chaulks away, they only last a day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)