AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alzheimer's starts 20 years before diagnosis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

woodduck
Posted 2/25/2024 19:21 (#10639857 - in reply to #10639615)
Subject: RE: Alzheimer's starts 20 years before diagnosis

NE Mo
Seems statins have been under fire for a while prompting several studies around the world. Looks to me like the table is turning back in their favor with regards to lessening dementia and Alzheimer’s let alone heart disease. For me, lipitor taking my ldl from 175 to 75 was a game changer. Sure there may have been other contributing factors but my life just plain got better both physically and mentally. Not for everyone I understand but worked for me. And while I am here might as well air my concerns. Pushing a carnivore or near carnivore diet may or may not be wise. Short term results, long term catastrophe very possible no matter how many paid by click youtubers are behind it. It's a fad. Paraphrasing my doc but you get the point.

I was watching something recently that is related. It was about human ancestry and all the dna research out there. Many of us that have done it have seen the neanderthal portion of our results and this program tried to explain where this comes from. The short version was that in our past when both homo-sapiens and neanderthals coexisted they evidently also interbred on occasion. They went extinct at some point and this is theorized because of their mostly meat only diet made them vulnerable to extinction for a variety of reasons. Also mentioned was that diabetes came from our neanderthal ancestry as most remains of neanderthals show to be diabetic. Maybe eating nothing but meat isn't all it's touted. Is this certain, absolutely not, in my opinion, but the current science supports it. Oh but they had an average lifespan of 30 years so there's that.

Scouring the internet to find what we agree with can be quite satisfying but I have my reservations on it being the best use of time. We all can come up with what ever narrative we're after at any given time it seems. I do agree that carbs need to be watched.

Everything in moderation. Or Maybe I just like everything and just might be able to find a youtube doc to validate me. Either way I'll probably keep it to myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)