AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fighting the Eminent Domain Takeover of Farms and Ranches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 3/5/2024 23:19 (#10653393 - in reply to #10653370)
Subject: RE: Fighting the Eminent Domain Takeover of Farms and Ranches

East Central South Dakota
This landowner rights issue is a product of fear caused by what we are already seeing happening in this country by the erosion of property rights.

Your lack of vision in what this could evolve into is concerning and disappointing. All this climate nonsense was born out of Europe and the United Nations. Europe just passed trekking laws that allows hikers to trespass upon private land. What prevents Government or industry to allow this in the United States if by their rules I am "justly compensated" $2/acre by their definition. All private land is open to public hunting if you are "justly compensated". The Netherlands forced generational farms out of business for the sake of climate nonsense. Some of these folks wanted to continue their multigenerational way life, rather than being "justly compensated". You think a judicial system (a state supreme court) that has tried to keep a uncharged and innocent man off the ballot is going to be trusted to arrive at a "just compensation". The Judicial system is completely broke and morally bankrupt, and you are going to trust them to arrive at "just compensation". Maybe the U.S. Fish and Wildlife will want to turn your farm into habitat for migratory birds. If you are "justly compensated" by their formula you can start over some other location. These examples are not that big of reach if you open your mind because they are happening in the world already today. This may be hard for you to comprehend, but for some people the family farm, its heritage, the way of life it provides and the rights that go along with owning property is more important than a few pieces of silver that trickle downstream from an ethanol plant they probably have shares of stock in.

For me the issue is more about the stupidity of spending money on an issue that was totally created by Governmental Policy. The whole carbon issue is a manmade fantasy that is designed to transfer wealth and power. Someone please explain how you protect the environment by allowing a polluter to buy carbon credits, so they can continue to pollute and change nothing. Bottom line is our country is 34 trillion in debt and we continue to fund fantasies like this on a daily basis when we should be building roads, bridges and improving human infrastructure on every level.

I haven't participated much in these posts about CO2 since Poet got in bed with Summit. My participation in public forums may lead to an awkward Thanksgiving and Christmas as my brother is on the Board of Directors of Poet Energy. Hard to step away from an issue that is without a doubt just a fantasy created by Governmental Policy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)