AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fighting the Eminent Domain Takeover of Farms and Ranches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 3/6/2024 09:46 (#10653876 - in reply to #10653339)
Subject: RE: Fighting the Eminent Domain Takeover of Farms and Ranches

EC SoDak
It gets interesting in the sense, to get millions of ag folks to stand united is virtually impossible, too many opposing views to slightly different views. So, to fight it, (while it is funny to call it unicorn farts) you need data. In most discussions (that tend to turn into fights) on policy and whether to do something, the person with supporting data tends to win. This is why the world shut down with covid, one side had data. Even South Dakota had plenty of places that shut down or took extreme precautions, because data. I get it, it’d be very easy for me to not say anything or hop on the “I don’t believe it, so it can’t be true and I’ll die on this hill” stance and expect that to be good enough, but you and I know that rarely works. Budget wise, I agree, we need to curb spending. The point the other side will say is that if we don’t invest in this and other green technologies, we are done for anyways, so cut elsewhere. Whether we believe them or not, a large portion of society (and most governments) believe in it. Thats why I say we need data, stomping our feet will do little to nothing. That or somehow we have to have and continue to have Republicans (that don’t want climate green policies) on all three levels and on the state side as well. That’s probably not realistic. A point I made somewhere up above, the pipeline is but one thing of many, we have to make changes at the root, otherwise we are just peeing into the wind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)