AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powering chem totes on tender trailer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/9/2024 14:32 (#10658893 - in reply to #10658859)
Subject: RE: Powering chem totes on tender trailer.

Leesburg, Ohio
I see.
I interpreted your comment as a reason not use meters at all, and to use measuring cones instead.

I do not like using measuring cones as a rule, because of the inefficiency of having to pump chems twice...once from the shuttle to the cone, and then from the cone to the tank...take twice the time on an operation that can be time-limited by how long it take to fill the sprayer with water.
With shuttles plumbed by a hose and meter directly into the venturi, all i do is open one valve and watch the chem transfer ONCE thru the meter into the sprayer.
I have the meters on a flange manifold on the mix cone/venturi unit with a rinse circuit plumbed in also...so after I meter each chem and close the valve, i open the rinse valve for maybe 5 seconds, and all chem is rinse out the manifold into the sprayer tank.

It literally takes twice as long (in a one-person spray-and-nurse operation) to load chems with a measuring cone as it does with direct metering.

I understand that the double-pumping time requirement might not be an issue for anyone with a second person doing the nurse function or loading each pre-measured load.
But anyone running a spray operation alone cannot afford the time to pump everything twice while loading.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)