AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable Rate without subscriptions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hilltop Husker
Posted 3/20/2024 00:16 (#10672170 - in reply to #10671664)
Subject: RE: Variable Rate without subscriptions

Northern Nebraska

The first page of the my john Deere agreement states that they aggregate your data to third party affiliates

Deere collects data on you. The following is from the privacy and data page on JDeere.com

We may also collect Personal Data from third party data suppliers, who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers:

If you purchase any of our products or services through such third parties,
If you access social media sites, such as Facebook, or if you interact with a social media function on the online services such as a social medial plug-in (a Facebook "like" button),
If you 'like' our social media pages, or
If you join our communities
We (or third parties) use cookies and other technological tools to collect information about your computer or device and your use of John Deere and other third-party websites and applications. Please see our Cookie Statement at the bottom of our homepage for further information on the cookies we place.

They also sell your data

Why Personal Data is Disclosed by John Deere
With third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions set out in a written agreement with us) to assist us in providing information, products, or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving our products or services. We share your Personal Data with these third parties to perform services, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures.

If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may share information to a potential or actual third-party purchaser of our business or asset

My assertions are not false. No I will not tell you my source random dude on the Internet. Develop a relationship with 3rd party partner of Deere yourself then ask them.

The wording o my original pit was they sell your data. Not they sell your yield maps They definitely sell out aggregated information.

Do you think operations center of free because Deere is a caring and benevolent company who care more about farmers than their stockholders?

We are all being farmed for data everywhere you go and with everything we do. Operations center is no different. I also didn't say this was a bad thing just that it is a thing.

Edited by Hilltop Husker 3/20/2024 00:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)