AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable Rate without subscriptions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/20/2024 12:54 (#10672755 - in reply to #10672170)
Subject: RE: Variable Rate without subscriptions

Leesburg, Ohio
FYI....new information:

The following is copied from a reply on this same topic in the Precision part of this website, from a guy who is actually a "third party" working with Deere Op Center data:

"From the position of one of the apps connected to the Deere Ops center - https://geopard.tech/johndeere (250ac free) - JD doesn't provide any opportunity to get private farmer's data w/o explicit farmer consent. There are very concrete and strict rules on how the data can be accessed/shared https://docs.geopard.tech/geopard-tutorials/product-tour-web-app/joh...

Even if the data is shared, each app connected to the Ops center has signed a license agreement - data can't be resold in any form.

As for Deere terms - as stated above, you need to check their terms, usually software (in this case Deere is a software vendor) always wants to have a bit more in terms than they use (just for the future, you never know). I'm not aware of any deal between Deere and any ag input company (if it would happen, there would be rumors, supply, demand, and price for this data).

IMO they are building smth similar to Apple in ag data, and you can't go with a short-term strategy of selling data with this long term strategy. They are good with machinery sales."

This seems to be a more credible source than anything I have seen so far on this specific topic, and says in no uncertain terms that Deere does NOT sell actual data from our Op Center without explicit permission from the farmer-data owner.
Flies directly in the face of the statement made earlier saying that of course Deere sells our data.
I guess for now, I choose to believe someone directly involved in the business who is licensed to deal with Op Center data, rather than "some random dude on the internet" ;-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)