AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Extreme drought but still
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 3/23/2024 04:57 (#10676112 - in reply to #10675629)
Subject: RE: Extreme drought but still

Jared8970 - 3/22/2024 17:28

I was just cleaning trees off a drainage ditch, it’s been empty for 8 months now, the last time it was empty was 1964. Sounds about average. This could go either way to a bumper or “the big one” but it’s too early to tell.
Yup. I was shed hunting in our river bottoms last weekend, ordinarily on ANY given year by mid March if the snow pack has already melted like this year, all the ravines and potholes would be running at a good clip and potholes plum full. All the little feeder creeks were absolute powder dry and all but the very deepest potholes were dry as a bone also. My dad has referenced 1964 as a real bad drought year, along with the first year he moved up here from Grundy county, 1955, as another terrible dust bowl type drought. I’m with you Jared on your assessment of the potential for our area this year. Right now the potential has been seriously hampered already, and we’re still 3 weeks from planting. Fingers crossed on the snow storm predicted for tomorrow, followed by what finally sounds like could be a good rain for a couple days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)