AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which lab is correct and what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 3/26/2024 11:57 (#10681166 - in reply to #10677141)
Subject: RE: Which lab is correct and what would you do?

NCND
I’ve been using Haney tests for a few years and honestly my yields have gone backwards because agronomist is cutting p rates cause Haney says there’s more available. Well the Haney is over guessing what should become available or something. Wheat yields been off 10-15 bushel compared to across the fence last couple years. Made way more money when I didn’t test and did flat rates because I know it takes a lot of applied p here to grow good yields. Guys with experience know that here but the new experts have told us we are wrong.

One question I’ve always had is what is the variation in these tests. We measure to the tenth yet e dry square inch is different so what difference does it make?

I’ve had wild swings in ph and cec using same lab. That to me is a huge red flag that everything is probably wrong.

These are on good soils here. Probably off topic but man my time was spent accomplishing so much more when I knew what worked well for me versus what the new smart fertility programs have been telling me to do where I now worry about having enough because the results have been less than poor at best. Every now and then it clicks but in general I’m unhappy 80% of time with results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)