AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

troubles getting parent approved for Long Term Care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Usetobe dental asst
Posted 3/27/2024 07:06 (#10682141 - in reply to #10681252)
Subject: RE: troubles getting parent approved for Long Term Care

South Central MN
I dealt with long term care insurance for my in-laws, but I wasn't the person that dealt with when their insurance would begin to pay so I don't know those details. I do know there was a waiting period where my in-laws had to pay before the coverage began, and that waiting period seemed confusing. My sister-in-law (a long term care nurse for 30 plus years)dealt with that, and even she found it confusing. We were working with TransAmerica, if that matters. When I took over their finances, I also took over dealing with their long term care insurance. I have to say it was a headache. When I needed to call, I would be put on hold for 45 or more minutes. When I did speak with someone, I always made sure to ask who I was speaking with and wrote notes with a date on every phone call. I also remember at some point I figured out that if I left my callback number on their automated system, I would get a call from a real person MUCH sooner than the "on hold" time. It's a very frustrating system and someone (one person, not multiple people) needs to be in charge of dealing with it. This person needs to be very assertive to make sure they receive what they paid their insurance for. Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)