AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to AgLeader, have mostly trimble, how to RTK?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/2/2024 10:21 (#10690558 - in reply to #10689677)
Subject: RE: New to AgLeader, have mostly trimble, how to RTK?

Jeffersonville, OH
arcticcatfarmer - 4/1/2024 19:59

We just bought a sprayer (wilmar eagle 8500) that came set up with an Integra that was swath control and rtk unlock. It has a GPS 1500 globe. It has ontrac 2 I believe.  We have been using FM1000's with fieldiq.  How does AgLeader get RTK?  Do you  need a different globe or just an antenna?  I'm trying to decide if I should take this setup to rtk or take it all off and go with the  equipment I already own which would be an ezsteer for steering and the field iq on rtk.  I'm told the lines will all go into the Integra.  

The second thing is my field iq has the jump start feature that I really like to use after backing into corners.  Is there a way that the agleader does something similar?   To get the spray going before you start moving?

To me, all of this would depend on whether you want to use your Trimble or not. The Ag Leader system on a sprayer is very simple, and may be worth upgrading to RTK IF there is a steering system involved. If not, I don't see a reason to want RTK for application when you are driving?

If you like your Trimble, then you could swap it.

I would find someone local to work with, at least maybe to get you started.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)