AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does one deal with cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 4/4/2024 04:51 (#10692996 - in reply to #10692445)
Subject: RE: How does one deal with cancer

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Dave, I'm praying for your wife and family. It's a gut punch like you said. I was just thinking to myself two days ago, I've lived two thirds of my life already. My time can come to an end at any time. I will be at peace with it, will I like it? No, I won't like it, but I'll have no choice in the matter.

I'm happy I've raised a family that I'm damn proud of, and I know 100% my extended family and my forefathers are also damn proud of my family I've helped raise. So, I'll leave this mortal life knowing I've been a caretaker of those lands and livestock bestowed upon my family and myself.

I've had a couple of rounds of chemo treatments two different times in my life to help reset my body for other blood disorders. It was mean stuff, did a total reset of my body. Other complications became after that because of chemo. been 12 years now, how time flies. I've told my family if that time comes, and I get cancer, depending on what type will determine what if any treatments I take.

My opinion most treatments work enough to get our affairs in order to transition family into taking over businesses, etc. or to tie up loose ends on family estates. That is one thing my wife and I are working on right now to try and have that done. So, if and when that time comes, we can spend our remaining time on this earth enjoying family and life.

I would sure look at the alternate treats with the dog wormer in my case if I felt it might help. A person's not out much in trying it. I don't think it will compromise quality of life during that time.

One last thought, my life I want to be known that I was here for a good time. I've been blessed to have a good time. So, when my time comes this is the song I want played at my service. It's by George Strait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFfSpk7hFM I will also have my three son's hot iron brand my pine casket with our three family cattle brands at grave side service. That will be a tribute to my life, I will be looking down and smiling.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 4/4/2024 04:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)