AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clean Sweep run with 20/20 AirForce compressor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/15/2024 07:10 (#10707256 - in reply to #10706809)
Subject: RE: Clean Sweep run with 20/20 AirForce compressor?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The story on the homemade one refers back to AgTalk. A few years ago a farming family in Iowa ordered a Clean Sweep system for controlling Residue Managers on their planter. Apparently the Clean Sweep "control boxes" were in short supply and they were concerned that theirs would not arrive in time for planting so they made their own.

They really never used it as the genuine Clean Sweep box arrived in time. They advertised it here on the Classifieds for the next season. I saw it there and thought that it might work out for the UP/DOWN force air bags that we were installing besides the Cleans Sweep.

The assembly is fairly large and was made out of one of those gray electrical enclosure boxes such as I've seen at Home Depot. A hose is connected to the air compressor on the planter and leads inside the box. Inside there is a regulator and several fittings and tees. The regulator knob protrudes to the outside world. There is a gauge for incoming pressure and another for outgoing pressure after the regulator. Their are two output sets of tubing which lead out of the tractor cab. One set splits and feeds the UP air bags. The other set feeds the DOWN force bags. I forget the exact details of the plumbing inside the box.

I can try and add a picture later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)