AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case ih quadtrac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Solsid
Posted 4/19/2024 09:54 (#10712580)
Subject: Case ih quadtrac

Good morning looking into purchasing case ih quadtrac. Seems to be a number falling into my price range. I guess I have a lot of questions seeing everything so far is green on the farm and last articulated was an old versatile. 1st of all though.. it would be used 200-300 hours a year. Mostly air drill and heavy tillage. 2 trak is out of question here. Don’t work well if you get mud inside track. Looking at around 400-450hp. No scared of mechanic work but not looking for extra work either.
Has any one done actual compaction tests on heavy clay quadtrac vs wheeled tractor? What years and hours does one shy from. Is there any difference in engines? Some where I thought I read early ones had a Cummins. I know later ones were iveco. How much should one figure for replacing tracks. Some where I read 40-50k for 2 but not sure on that. We don’t wear out rubber on our soils just on the road. I know every one will have a different opinion and experiences but looking for a little input on what to keep an eye out for or what to expect. Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)