AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case ih quadtrac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/19/2024 12:18 (#10712740 - in reply to #10712714)
Subject: RE: Case ih quadtrac

Jeffersonville, OH
jd8850 - 4/19/2024 13:04

Stock IH quads have 1000 lbs (or more) per hp.
Once we put LSWs on our 4 wds that ended wheel lope on the road or hopping in the field. Never touched the weight or psi again.
We have both tracks and rubber and the only advantage I see to tracks is better traction for BIG loads.
And less compaction, if you have that type of soil.

I'm guessing you mean 100lbs/hp? Meaning, a 450hp weighs roughly 45K lbs, a 550hp roughly 55K lbs? Makes sense, the Versatile Delta Tracks all weight 64K, whether its a 450, or 630, the iron is built in and they weigh 64K without fuel.

I have really wanted a customer to pull the trigger on a set of LSW's so I can see how they work in real world. I know Titan sells them as the best of both worlds, which I can see...but I'm not spending the money to put them on a tractor to try and convince a customer of the value when I'm trying to sell a tractor as well.

Watched a lot of videos, customers on YouTube, etc, looks like a really great option...but here in Row Crop country, if it won't go down a 30" row, it's not an option. I think with new down pressure options on planters, and a big enough footprint, it shouldn't matter...

Chris

Edited by c_mayer 4/19/2024 12:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)