AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lights Out - STX 450
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2024 07:05 (#10718287 - in reply to #10718261)
Subject: RE: Lights Out - STX 450

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ljadx160 - 4/26/2024 06:38

Was going to mention that interlock between the road lights/flashers and the field lights. Didn’t know if your 450 had that, but my stx375 does. The road light switch overrides the field light switch, so even if the field lights are on and you turn on the flashers/road light switch, the field lights will go off. So that interlock could be a source of issue not letting the field lights come on.

Yes, mine does have that. A very clever idea I think, it would prevent my neighbors from driving down the road at night with the 4 ways flashing and the high intensity rear field lights blinding the traffic behind.

The road override still does work in one sense. When turned ON, the road front headlamps and the flashers work as they should. This proves that at least some of the front light can work. However it may be failing in the sense that it doesn't allow the field lamps come back On

Here's how this is supposed to work and has worked in the past. When working a field at night, I turn the headlight switch to one of 3 positions for various combinations of front and rear field work lights. When I pull onto the road, I flip another switch for road travel. This switch is normally OFF. This switch overrides the field light switch and turns on the front headlamps for road travel, it turns on the rear red lights and the flashers. This means I do not need to turn OFF the field switch since the system does that for me. When I pull into my yard, I can flip OFF the road light switch and the field lamps will return back to wherever that switch was set.

The road switch still behaves as it should to turn on the front lamps and flashers BUT the field lamps do not light with it OFF. So at least some of the headlamps are good. The road switch override may be at fault in not letting the field switch do its job.

A systematic fuse check still seems like a good place to start. It might be very simple.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)