AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freezing Sweet Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Joe R
Posted 6/29/2010 15:33 (#1254798)
Subject: Freezing Sweet Corn

It is getting to be that time of year around here where we are about ready to have another bountiful sweet corn crop. We always really enjoy corn frozen in the wintertime and it doesnt even compare to what the store offers. Last year my wife and I froze a lot and all the corn we put in one certain freezer tasted like...freezer. Here is the process that we used: husked, cleaned, scraped off of cob, boiled with sugar and salt, set in refrigerator overnight, bagged, put in freezer. The thing that has got me wondering is that all the corn that was in the basemaent freezer were the ones that dont taste right. The ones that were put into the upstairs freezer all tasted excellent. Everything else was equal. Could it be the freezer itself? It was so disapointing that we went through all that work to loose most of it. What are your recipies or methods that seem to work the best?

P.S. I will be buying a new deep freeze to put it in this year. I am not going through all that work to lose it again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)