AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's "normal"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ReluctantFarmWife
Posted 7/30/2010 17:47 (#1294272 - in reply to #1293059)
Subject: Re: What's "normal"?

wow you guys gave me some great things to think about! I really appreciate it. I gently broached the subject last night, without laying any blame or accusations...just asked if we could think about doing some planning for our future. It went well. We talked about some solutions for the short term and a little bit about the long term transition. Get this...his older sister (who will eventually inherit a portion of the farm but doesn't have any current interest in being involved as she is married to a farmer with a huge operation...we'll see about that later)..anyway, his sister has been pestering his parents to start planning the transition to my hubby and me. For reasons I need to learn about, hubby says this will make our own financial situation better or at least within "our" control (knowing that we humans are only in control of so much, right? :)) So his sister talked to them about it again just this past Tuesday, unbeknownst to me. That made me feel better that at least it's being talked about. But here's the kicker, folks, my sweet hubby just called and said we have an appointment with the tax accountant and the in-laws on Monday to start planning the transition. This is a HUGE step for this family and I'm so excited. Scared and nervous, but excited and encouraged. I have a lot to learn but I know with the cards all on the table we can find a solution.

God is GOOD - I'm sure yesterday He was shaking His head at my lack of faith...but He was working behind the scenes. I know it's not going to be easy, but I feel so much better emotionally just having started the conversation. If this is the life God wants me to live, then He'll give me what I need to live it. He has so far...

I'm really appreciative of your insights. Thanks BUNCHES.
~RFW
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)