AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phranny: Texting up date
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SMASH
Posted 9/13/2010 23:23 (#1358718 - in reply to #1356422)
Subject: Enough is Enough

Harristown, IL
about a week ago phranny asked a ? in the cafe about # of text. The whole thing got blown out of proportion, and turned in to a big debate on the "evils" of txt.
I posted this at the Table. 1: to tell phranny she was not alone, 2: she would be more likely to see it, 3: I thought it wouldn't get blown out of proportion.
So, now it seams as some think I'm bad parent. I thought all day about how to read her phone with out going behind her back, so after I ate, I just said "give me your phone"
I read her txt and every thing was kosher. She has been in school for a few weeks, and the home work the teacher have given back, she has been 100%. Last year she had a 4.0 GPA http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=170144&posts=1...

I friend said today "Texting is easier, it's an open-ended conversation, on-going without "bye" & can be answered at own convenience."
A year ago I was anti texting. In the last year I have learned, it is a good tool. Kind of like how office people, send an email to the person sitting next to them. Or if you want to say the same thing to 5 people, you can text all 5 at one time.

Yes, 21K is too much. And I have talked to her about it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)