AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phranny: Texting up date
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

phranny
Posted 9/15/2010 10:36 (#1360440 - in reply to #1358718)
Subject: RE: Enough is Enough

MW ON
I'm glad that everything was on the up and up with regards to your daughter's texting.

I was by no means insinuating you were a bad parent, far from it. I was speaking in general terms of texting between bfs and gfs. I simply wish to warn parents that even good kids, like our son, can get drawn into the texting trap, and the potentially harmful ways in which it can be used.

Maybe it will cause other parents to have a look around on their kids phones. It happened to a close friend of ours as well. Her daughter was a stellar student, a busy horse showing family, and she had lots of chores and practicing to do with her horses. The mother happened to borrow her daughter's phone, and read a text. She was shocked at the nature of it, and began to read more. They weren't even bf and gf, and she was just 16. I'm just saying, yes texting is handy. But, be aware of how it's being used, and what the nature of the texting is.

We've made the policy that all phones get handed in at night, there is no need to be available to anyone 24/7. You'd be surprised at the amount of weird tests the kids find on their phones in the morning, from other kids who thought they might be up yet. Just sharing our experiences, trying to help other parents to BE AWARE.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)