AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Posts below - my thoughts re text and e-mail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Doug W
Posted 9/21/2010 16:50 (#1368498 - in reply to #1364648)
Subject: Opposing view on the value of Texting...

Regina/ 14 miles South of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
Agree that the constant flurry of text messages in teen-world is annoying....But I would argue that knowing how to text, and knowing how to read a text is valuable....here's why:

In other posts people have mentioned the importance of keeping a cellphone with you when you're working alone in the field...In our part of the country, you're not always guaranteed a good cell signal...and even so, you're not always guaranteed that you can reach someone when you do get a signal...

A text from a cellphone will repeat sending for a while, plus when delivered includes your phone number...having a number of who might be watching out for you & in some cases a preset message isn't all that bad of an idea if you're working alone...in many cases a text message will get through when voice won't...

...I know the argument...if you're hurt who's going to be able to type "help" on on a cellphone..etc. - but don't discount (or have a policy of ignoring) what can be an important safety tool on your phone if its used right....

My $0.02

Doug W.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)