AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Posts below - my thoughts re text and e-mail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dirtfarmerjakeson
Posted 10/17/2010 22:22 (#1398360 - in reply to #1364648)
Subject: RE: Posts below - my thoughts re text and e-mail

Drumheller, Alberta
Redman - 9/18/2010 15:50

I want to communicate in REAL TIME. Not when someone else thinks they have enough time to reply to me.

Back in glacial times we ordered parts by telegraph and they were shipped by railroad. Bids and contracts were done by "snail mail" and both turns could be done trans-continent within a week.

Then telephone came to rural Sask and if we needed a part, we got instant confirmation whether we we should go shopping south, east, north or west.

Now kids have so much trouble distinguishing real from pseudo-reality that they think a text or e-mail is communication.

It's not. You are only broadcasting to the wilderness, unless someone replies it is just jabber.

If I need to communicate I will call, if I just want to flap my lips I won't bother you-call, fax or e-mail.

And I need your answer now! If you live in a world where "whatever" and "whenever" are an adequate attitude, stay out of my face. One of your competitors will be living and working in real time.

Rant over.

.... sooo..... if you want to communicate in real time, and want answers NOW!...... I have a question. Why post about it on an internet forum, where it takes up your precious time where you could be communicating face to face, or over the phone, doing your business? Just something to think about. I have my phone set up so that it tells me who is calling, than it rings when I get a phone call. When I recieve a text message it only vibrates, and I check it when I'm not busy. (autosteer in tractors and combines..... but you probably think that that technology is dumb as well). Texting is great technology, I communicate with my other farming buddies, and find out how their days are going as well. Whenever they want to respond thats fine. and if i'm busy they know I will get back to them when I can.
Anyways. Just something to think about. If you dont like watching teens/young adults/anyone (My ex-girlfriends papa is 71 and texts his friend that lives 1/2mile away) then turn your eyes. Its a nice and easy way to communicate.

Hope I didnt offend anyone. Just speaking my mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)