AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA Image file question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 1/9/2008 23:31 (#279893 - in reply to #279859)
Subject: RE: Images ??

Colby, Kansas
Gary, may I join your soapbox?

Similar programs are being pedaled in Neb. and Kans. I'm glad I'm not the only one watching some of this just wanting to yell "The Emperor Has NO CLOTHES!"

The nation-wide firm that exists in selling management zones and even VRT prescriptions based solely off of imagery has certainly continued to push their advertising in some areas. Their "dealers" just plug the request into the web-based system and POOF they have magic answers. Nobody has called them on the carpet yet on their methods (well I seen it once but the guy being questioned was a field salesman for one of the coops, all he knew was how to plug the numbers in on the web), I don't believe what their doing is the right approach, and I certainly haven't seen anything from that organization that helps them prove their case.

Everyone has a bias, mine is YM data and Veris, to me the difference is measuring reality vs. measuring perception. I certainly want to recognize the roles that imagery can play, in our area if your fortunate enough to catch some imagery in a fallow year, or even some older imagery with tilled fallow, the bare soil image has been extremely helpful in some of my pursuits. In-season imagery as well, but at some point you have to tie it to something known.

Thanks for bringing it up, hopefully some others will weigh in.
Lucas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)