AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Automatic Boom Shutoff solution with Patriot 150 (double pole double throw switches)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/21/2008 18:04 (#316039 - in reply to #314800)
Subject: Resolution

I'm feeling pretty sheepish right now. First of all, to everyone who contributed, many thanks. Now for the story...

When I first called a local dealer about the boom shutoff he asked what valves I had. I went out to the shop and got an LED trouble light and looked at it. The part I saw was 344AE. I thought that was all there was to the model number because the part after that was a ways away and was on a raised piece of plastic. Well, based off of the 344AE he was confident that it was a polarity sensing electric ball valve. The problem is that the part on the raised piece of plastic said C-2 and when you add the C to it, that means it's a normal valve. He was so confident based on the model number I gave him that I didn't even do any other diagnosing. The only way I figured it out was before we starting ordering stuff I went out and double checked things with a multi-meter so I could try to understand how it would all go together. Anyways, sorry for the trouble for those of you who contributed. It's a much more normal setup than I thought. The extra wires in the back of the switches were for the lights on the switches themselves to illuminate them when the headlights are on and another light to show that the boom is indeed on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)