AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tools at work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 3/1/2008 21:09 (#323469)
Subject: Tools at work

Couple of weeks ago my boss, a large area farmer, bought me a pick-up to use at work. It’s 2003 GMC 3500 Duramax. It’s got a few miles on it but still a very nice truck and that is coming from a Ford man. Now yesterday he was looking at the Montezuma tool box and all the tools I have in my own pick-up and he said I should buy a tool box like that for my work truck and all the tools I think I’ll need and he would pay for them. I find that very generous of him because in most cases that I know of the employee has to furnish his own tools except maybe for some special tools. I did a little looking on the net and I could easily spend from $2000.00 to $2500.00 maybe more. He has mostly Deere equipment so I will need metric for that and standard for some of the other things. I’m not real crazy about spending some body else’s money on something I’m going to be using but on the other hand if I just put the tool box with the tools that I have in my own pick-up into my at work pick-up, when I come home and want to work on my own farm I will not have any tools. What I’m kind of thinking of doing, is tell him I’ll buy the tool box and tools and then when I retire again for the second time in 8 or 9 years I’ll make him a reasonable offer for everything, and if he wants to buy it he can and if not I’ll have two sets of tools to put on my retirement auction. What to you all think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)