AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tools at work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 3/2/2008 20:10 (#324090 - in reply to #323833)
Subject: RE: Tools at work

plowboy - 3/2/2008 14:22

edit:  I didn't really address who pays for the tools the ee has control of and responsibility for.  I don't see that it makes a large amount of difference.  A mechanic normally supplies his own tools.  A general laborer does not.   There is a significant difference in pay rate between the two positions, I guess you have to decide which type of position you aspire to hold.   

As an "er", I can tell you how much I'd value someone who brought his own tools and had familiarity with and could fix my gear.  If he used his own truck in a pinch and didn't break my gear in stupid ways????  Those kinds of people get nice bonuses.

edit- Unit 2, I might not seem to be saying this, but if your employer wants to buy you a truck and tools to use, go for it.  For your sanity though, just try and have him be clear that they're YOUR tools to use and others aren't "borrowing" them and sabotaging your ability to do a quick and efficient job.  One way or another that'll eventually look bad on you.  If I had to share tools, I'd rather bring my own and lock 'em up.  Oh, and do my best job and hit the boss up for a well-deserved raise after a few months... Smile

Edited by GinNB 3/2/2008 20:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)