AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tools at work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 3/2/2008 09:58 (#323728 - in reply to #323699)
Subject: RE: Tools at work

West Union, Illinois

If anybody's hired as a mechanic in a garage they provide their own tools but use the garage's lift (consider it like a farmer providing the tractor).  If someone's hired as a welder in a fab shop around here they bring their own welder but use the shop welding table and forklift (think of it like the farm truck).  It seems like around here that only farmers provide tools for people to work with.  Even the junkyards require people to bring their own hand tools to work to prevent the chaos that happens if people don't defend and keep track of their own tools.
I will admit my opinion is colored by a boss who could lose more Crescent wrenches (not the Chinese kind but the real thing) than any 3 farmers I know combined.  As for the mechanic providing his tools, I still hold my opinion it shold be the employer's responsibility.  Just because it is the way it has been done does not mean it is right. However, I do also think in that situation he be held responsible for replacing any missing.  Broken is different, but missing is his problem.

As for the shop with multiple people, I don't know a good answer.

Gotta run for now

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)