AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1st Sprayer-Questions & which Controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 3/2/2008 07:47 (#323651)
Subject: 1st Sprayer-Questions & which Controller?

Macon, IL
I just bought my first sprayer-a bit of an impulse buy but was at an auction and it looked decent and went cheap. Little 500gal 45 foot with 3 section boom-only 1 small weld on booms. Tank and tires look almost new. 1080 PTO pump.

http://www.paul-julia.com/Equipment.shtm

Pretty bare bones but for what I paid for it 2 passes over the field and it will pay for itself and a new controller.

I have 3 questions:
1) How do you know when tips are worn out? (Maybe I should just replace them to be safe?)

2) It has the old pressure controller-I want to put something "real" on it. Looking at the Micro-Trak SprayMate in the Shoup catalog. For $970 with GPS for speed it will controll 3 section boom. Any input on those-good or bad?

3) Anyone heard of a "walsh" sprayer-anything good or bad? I know I should have asked that first but was an impuse buy that day.

This isn't my dream sprayer but will probably last me 4-5 years until I can afford the one I really want-so I don't want to spend a ton on it but want to get it right. Use will be for burndown and roundup in beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)