AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1st Sprayer-Questions & which Controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 3/2/2008 15:42 (#323905 - in reply to #323651)
Subject: RE: 1st Sprayer-Questions & which Controller?

Embarrass WI

My first sprayer was a Miller-which is what Walsh became. It appears the one I had was about identical to yours. I will cast another vote for ditching the solenoid valves. I futzed with them for a couple years before I finally changed over to ball valves, shoulda did it sooner. At least make sure you have a Vise-Grips in the tractor toolbox to hold the solenoid(s) open when you want to finish the field.

I would go 1 step further and change the pump to a hydraulic drive, eliminates the chattering on corners and pressure varying with tractor engine RPM. Replace the tips and check valve diaphragms before you even try to use it, in line filters are much less trouble than the stupid little nozzle screens. Be sure to pin the booms together when they are unfolded, if the outer piece bounces it will crack by the hinge. Those loops on the end of the boom really help to keep the ends from digging dirt, don't take them off.

I don't think you need a controller for Glyphos, watch your speed and pressure and you'll be OK. Your next sprayer will probably have a controller, you can learn it then instead of too many things at once.

I'm curious-what's cheap?

Congrats on your purchase. Spraying is one of the best-paying jobs on a farm.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)