AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How far have you drove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1206SWMO
Posted 8/9/2006 14:54 (#34087 - in reply to #34057)
Subject: RE: How far have you drove

Dave,my 14 year old brother drove the 1950 Oliver the 100 miles down to Springfield with the muffler on.I followed in our 67 Ford Ranger PU.Coming home we had the straight pipe on.With 23.1x34 tires and cranking 3000 rpms it ran 25 mph.From 1968-73 this tractor was always roaded to the tractor pulls by both us and the previous owners that lived at Mapleton,KS.It was never on a truck.

The one thing that I remember the most was that coming home from Springfield we went thru the little town of Walnut Grove,MO just before dusk and everybody,I mean everybody in the entire town was standing in their front lawns listening to it.Theyd heard it coming for a long time.We got home about 10 pm and several neighbors said they could hear it coming for over 30 minutes.

The neighbors either loved it or hated it.It got run in the field alot with the straight pipe on.About all I do with my current 1950 is pull it a few times a year.Has 2 size over injectors,turns 3000 rpms,and can run 3rd gear in 13,200 class with 18.4x38's.Pull it in 2nd gear in 14,000 class.I sure get alot of questions about it every time I pull it.The younger generation doesnt know much about 2 cycle Detroits.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)