AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introduction from "the other side of the Aisle"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Derrick W
Posted 4/27/2016 22:10 (#5267983 - in reply to #5267798)
Subject: RE: Introduction from "the other side of the Aisle"

BacNBlak, your comment of - "Every time I think I find a path I want to pursue with this, I learn more and, essentially, learn there is more I need to learn before jumping into it haha." is the perfect attitude, I'm in the same boat.

Thanks to firefighting, I go through bouts of insomnia more often than not, and I might be a tad OCD. ;) After spending every waking moment reading about NDVI for months from every drone-related site I could find (and having actually done some testing), I learned more during a 20 minute phonecall with a remote sensing expert at the USDA than I had in the entire ~4 months previous. I was blown away at the amount of publically available white papers on the viability of multispectral sensors, both drone mounted and on manned aircraft. I couldn't believe that I hadn't stumbled on them before.

If I can find the bookmark, I'll edit and post them here. Some of the most applicable ones were testing a converted S100 and a big-name, calibrated rig over the same test plots at the same time. They also had RGB results from the same timeframe. The best place to get unbiased information is from the unbiased sources.

I'm definitely rooting for the drone industry, but I learned that it's not where I want to be getting my "education". Too easy to mix up sales pitches with facts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)