AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introduction from "the other side of the Aisle"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 4/28/2016 19:17 (#5270037 - in reply to #5268086)
Subject: RE: Introduction from "the other side of the Aisle"

Eastern Shore of MD
I'm surprised Old&Ugly hasn't chimed in here yet. He has a Flir Thermal camera I believe on an Inspire. I was kind of repeating what I've 'learned' thus far. I can see how it could work in theory like 260david437 said. Heat is often an early indicator of stress.

Like was mentioned, it will be difficult to fly fields every week to get this information. Especially if we are trying to spot very early indicators that can appear and develop rapidly.

I'm not completely sold on the fact that farmers will abandon UAS platforms for hiring a bulk collection service. It all depends on getting the price and performance level right. I personally would rather have my own platform as I would only be flying one crop (250-300 acres) at a time. BUT it has to be affordable and accurate. As far as using the information, I am very interested in trying to import some of these shapefile images into AgStudio for the 'possibility' of actually making fert recommendations based on them and potentially other factors as well.

Edited by BacNBlak 4/28/2016 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)