AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunflower planting/harvesting questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 10/7/2006 22:40 (#49498 - in reply to #49455)
Subject: Re: Sunflower planting/harvesting questions

Kansas
Neighbor told me that harvesting sunflowers for father-in-law with IH rotor (1660 I believe) was causing one or two small fires on the machine about every day. I would like to try sunflowers someday but would only do so with a JD or other brand rowhead, but 8 row older ones oike I'd need are still quite pricey. Today driving up I-35 just south of Hesston I saw a CIH rotor cutting milo with a brand of row head that was blue. I recall a company in Canada that made them, but only offered them in green or red. I recently saw an ad for an 8 row JD that didn't look very well but still asking something like $4,800, I figured it would probably take a few thousand more in parts just to get it right as well as the Bish adapter, and find someone to paint it AGCO Orange to match the stripe on my Gleaner, mainly because I think it looks silly to mix and match combine and header, not to mention how funny it would be to see the JD lover's getting their shorts in a bunch seeing seeing such a sight LOL (I'd put the JD decals back on it though).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)