AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another update on Magnum blowing hoses, and a query
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 10/8/2006 22:12 (#49762)
Subject: Another update on Magnum blowing hoses, and a query

Kansas
Got tractor back from dealer after they said they played with the flow stuff, hose doesn't vibrate anymore but it still kicked the hose out again. As I said before, shop foreman said it will probably need a new hydraulic pump (though I'd lean more towards a rebuild to save $) and that might fix the problem.

One thing I began to consider was maybe I should try to get rid of the thing. What if after they replace the pump and it still does the same thing? The tractor is also going to have to be split as it has a leak in the front of the tranny housing where it connects to the FWA drive shaft. So would it be smart to be rid of the thing and spend the money I'm probably looking at for the repairs on something like an 8930 or an Alis or White of the same age or newer (I'd prefer the rounded off cabs instead of the squared off ones). There's also the option of doing a year to year lease. Since we are finally completely no-til we just need one tractor. I do like this Magnum aside from the hose thing (and the radio keeps dropping station signals, but I think that's the antena and maybe connections being loose). It handles the drill really well and the cab is far and away better than the old AC 7060 it's meant to replace (how AC could claim back in the 70's their cab was the best is a wonder, the Case, IH, and MF cabs I've sit in from that era are far better). On top of all that, it needs new front tires (you can see the steel belt in a hole in the left one).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)