AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealing with building contractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 5/5/2024 05:58 (#10729067 - in reply to #10728832)
Subject: RE: Dealing with building contractors

south Texas , York Rife Freemason
jd4930 - 5/4/2024 20:19

Jared8970 - 5/4/2024 20:00

On our farm we built a 60 x120 in December of 2013, we really wanted it done right so we did it ourselves. Waited til done combining and all my concrete work was done for the season. We hired 3 young men who are roofers to help and couldn’t be more proud of their work. Yeah, it sucked working short days in the wind and cold but have no one to blame but myself for any blemishes. I absolutely hate when people complain about projects and they aren’t holding a shovel, running a screw gun, or driving the lift on their own lawn. We also built and finished our own shop. My dad showed me how to do most everything and were both proud of that. If you want it done right get involved and grab the bull by the horns. Edit to add, we added on to our shop during harvest and we turned it over to a friend that I trust, we would work with them til the dew was off the beans.

I don't think you meant it that way but your reply comes off really harsh. Not everyone has the ability, time or help to do everything themselves. And if a person is paying someone to do something they are supposed to be a professional at I would say it's warranted to be upset with shoddy work. I don't rebuild wrecked cars because I don't have the knowledge or ability, but I expect the person I hired to do it to know what they are doing....

I agree , if you have the money hire it done . I still do about everything my self . Sometimes get a little help .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)