AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any experience with external HDD for DISH TV?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2024 07:17 (#10588957 - in reply to #10588281)
Subject: Thank you

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the link. I investigated the second option. It requires that the drive be "visible" in order to select it and perform the "fill with zeroes" procedure. The SanDisk SSD that was corrupted by the DISH receiver is not visible. The Win 11 computer makes a beep when the SanDisk USB SSD is installed but the drive is not visible so I don't see how I could proceed with that route.

I may try the first more manual method on a different computer but I am not at all confident of success. Again thanks for the effort.

I still think there should be some way to revive this drive. Since the DISH receiver was trying to format it, I wouldn't think that the electrical levels should have been extreme enough to do permanent damage. I'm fearful of purchasing another new HDD or SSD to try again as the DISH receiver (it was a new replacement just last Friday) might ruin a new HDD or SSD. These drives are around $100 which isn't much these days but it would be foolish to keep throwing money at the situation without a good chance of success.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)