AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inheritence Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mccloy_Farms
Posted 2/11/2024 20:12 (#10619375)
Subject: Inheritence Questions

NY
Not sure if this is the right Forum. Hello everybody. It is currently 8:33 at night, I'm just watching the Superbowl, and my mind got wondering. Looking for a bit of advice. My grandfather, who I spent all my time with, recently passed away in October unexpectedly due to a heart attack. I'd work with him every weekend, every summer, any chance I could. He was truly my best friend. He didn't have any sort of will made up, and he had 3 children. My mother, my aunt, and my uncle. My uncle owns 1/2 of the farm and my grandfather the other 1/2. My grandfather got the farm inherited from his brother, who inherited it from his father. Now, I won't go deep into details, but if my uncle didn't have the other half, I'd take it. I can't work with that man, but I won't burden anyone with that rant. I'm currently 17 years old, 18 in less than 3 months. Right now, I believe I will be receiving my grandfather's pention. Not sure how much that'll turn out. Apparently, I was the beneficiary on a lot of stuff. My mother asked me if I wanted anything. At first, I couldn't think of anything, partly because, it's weird to take someone else stuff. I haven't had something hit me this hard. We had an old Ford TW-15 that I brought up from the dead. Sitting about 20 years, had little water in the oil. Needed the front hub rebuilt. I fixed her all up, doing the majority by myself. Me and my grandfather kinda had an unspoken deal. If I could figure out what needed to be done, he'd pay for it. Anyway, got it running last year and even baled hay with it. Now, my dilemma is the fact that I'm 17, still in high school, own no land, and only have about 6k to my name. I am currently working at a concrete precast plant. The tractor doesn't need anything to my knowledge, besides an exhaust manifold leak. Let's say I want this tractor, how can I make money with it at 17? I'm not talking about renting it out or selling it either. Do farms hire guys to plow their fields, or something like that? In NY, we don't have enough snow to make a 140+ hp tractor practical for snow removal. I'm just trying to make a practical reason for me to take this besides sentimental reasons. Any help, ideas, or just stories are welcome. Thank you very much.

Edited by Mccloy_Farms 2/11/2024 20:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)